Friday, February 15, 2008

Fab Faces

I've started to get a few friends on my mySpace page. About a month ago I joined MySpace so that I could view Rie Rasmussen's pictures. Somewhere I remember reading that she was channeling the face of Faye Dunaway while shooting Angel-A, so was building a collection of her images. Being the chameleon she is I didn't find too much Faye elsewhere, but that did get me started thinking about how models and actresses share aspects of other famous faces and copy poses.

The "classic" poses, made famous by displays in paintings (mostly now in posters) throughout history influence me when I try to bring out the best in a photoshoot. Often, I think of the Re-Dos by current actresses, or how models have features that channel movie stars. Lindsey Lohan did some great Ann Margaret. I'll build this list when I have time...

Here's a quick list of my MySpace friends faces:
Rie Rasmussen -> Faye Dunaway
Tara Stiles -> Minnie Driver
Leah Kelley -> Charlize Theron
Desiree -> Megan Fox/Alexis Bledel/Cybill Shepard

That's all for today. Send me, or add comments, of your favorite channelings!

Do Something Useful!

No comments: