Tuesday, February 26, 2008

watermelon

I was doing my Reading in Bed stretches (spending several hours a day lightly stretching the front of the thigh muscles), when I yawned. My belly expanded greatly, like a watermelon, and I rose up on it like a great whale. It felt good, similar to a breathing exercise I used to do for singing. So I kept the belly expanded and shifted from side to side. Lightly at first, because a few belches left a bad taste in my mouth, but then with increasing speed. With my weight on a tripod of belly, and both elbows, it was lots of fun. Then chuckled as I thought of the old joke of a man on a French nude beach doing pushups. A Frenchman came up to him, and with a very concerned look on his face, softly pointed out, "Monsieur? Your woman? She is gone!!!"

No comments: