Tuesday, March 11, 2008

myS USO

Yesterday I watched mySpace promote a USO show for the troops in Kuwait. I had lots of interesting observations during the time. Here are some that I remember.

MF this! MF that! HAHAHA Trying to promote this as a "family show" (yes, in quotes) must be a bit difficult. So what is it that entertains the troops? Vulgar jokes about sex, oral sex, anal sex, don't ask don't tell sex, fags, beaners, oral sex, rock star sex, social sterotypes, national regional (southern, western, etc) sterotypes, did I mention sex?...

Jessica Simpson actually has a very nice singing voice. That is when she's not over doing the "expression" stuff.

I'm not that into current rock bands. Seem link of bland (even tame) compared to bands of my generation. But my generation didn't have re-hab for the off season. They would just die on their own puke. The Army guys know all the words, of all the bands, by heart. I guess was the same way as a late teen/twenty something. Still know the words to those songs. Many of them are still popular for this third or fourth generation later! Aerosmith, Zepelin, etc.

I thought about how I'm not a "group" type of guy. Never have been. I've never liked standing side by side in a crowd of guys screaming at chicks. Seemed kind of dumb.

I felt very sorry for the troops. Of course that is the reason for the USO anyway. DUH! I fully support the guys!! I wish I knew that the leaders were making good decisions in what they tell the guys to do. Not so easy to support the leaders.

'nuff

No comments: