Tuesday, March 18, 2008

vision #1

I have had all kinds of problems with my eyes. I'll use Vision# to blog updates.

Today I was looking at a maze. Mazes are really cool for vision analysis and training for several reasons. I start anywhere and try to SEE an extend WHITE passage way (line). Then I "Shift" and look at the DARK around it. Very cool.

It seems to me that the Shift from actually SEEing the white of a page, to THINKing of the black text as THOUGHTS describing the world, is the ESSESENCE of reading.

We have black letters but our eyes can NOT see black. How weird is that?

While looking at the maze I covered one eye. I could SEE that I could NOT see many vertical lines. My eyes vibrate side to side so it probably shouldn't have been such a surprise. But then, I tilted my head a bit and turned slightly sideways. I COULD SEE those same lines. My eyes were actually changing how clear things were by the tilt of the head and the angle of view. Lots more on this in the future!

'nuff

No comments: